GetYourGuide is the place to book the best experiences in destinations across the globe. GetYourGuide is the premier site for booking experiences across the globe.
GetYourGuide’s legal team is passionate about our business and our customers. We enable the organization as trusted and pragmatic partners in a fast paced environment. Our team finds practicable and innovative solutions for complex problems, manages legal risks and promotes integrity.
Your Role as Legal Counsel within the Team
You are a lawyer with an interest and focus on commercial contracts who still enjoys a variety of different topics. This gives you the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of our business and exposure to direct negotiations with key international stakeholders. Negotiating with often high profile counterparts like world-class museums and tourist attractions allows us to bring the very best experiences to our customers. In addition, you also cover the distribution-side of our business, where we partner with large distribution partners, like for example airlines. The position also provides the opportunity to manage insurances and the group`s brand portfolio together with established external insurance brokers and IP counsel.
The legal team is multidisciplinary and comprises specialists with great experience in different fields of law and from different backgrounds. Serving our business flexibly, we often also work on topics outside of our core specialty. You will be able to count on amazing, highly motivated colleagues who truly enjoy working together and are eager to learn from each other. The position offers variety and opens up attractive opportunities for personal development and growth within a fast moving environment. We enable you to work independently while giving you every support and opportunity to learn and grow on the job.
Your future Responsibilities
- Focus on national and international commercial contracts, including key attractions and suppliers as well as distribution partners
- Review and negotiate a wide range of other legal contracts, including sales and distribution agreements, services and partnerships, real estate leases, licenses
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of the business and excellent relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Support with global scaling projects while responding to legal questions and driving the projects according to business needs
- Develop and apply expertise in all regulatory aspects of the business
- Contribute to processes improvements and and training programmes
- Depending on capacity and development: management of insurances and IP (brands), both together with external brokers and IP counsel
- Full legal qualifications (two German exams or foreign equivalent) with excellent results
- 2+ years of post-graduate work experience in an international law firm and/or new economy business with substantial exposure to commercial/e-commerce/contractual topics
- Foundational knowledge of and affinity to new technology and platform business
- Excellent communication and relationship building
- Intercultural competence and ideally experience from working abroad
- Experience in negotiating complex commercial agreements combined with business mindedness and pragmatism
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams
- Expertise in insurances, competition law, data privacy and IP (brands) is a plus
- English and German fluent
- Passion for personal growth, teamwork, travel and delivering for our customers
More reasons to join us:
- An open, friendly, energetic work environment where every voice is heard
- Work with an international team where you are constantly learning and growing
- Weekly (virtual) all-hands meetings and monthly updates
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide Vouchers to experience our products for yourself
- A beautiful new office centrally located near Schönhauser Allee station (operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19)