GetYourGuide is the booking platform for incredible travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to connect with the best things to do wherever they’re headed — including skip-the-line tickets to the world’s most iconic attractions, walking tours by top local experts, immersive food and beverage tours, cooking and craft classes, bucket-list experiences, and niche offerings you won’t find anywhere else.
Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 30 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 600 travel experts and technologists, the company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has offices in 14 countries around the world.
The FP&A team’s mission is to be a trusted business partner with a seat at the table enabling the business to achieve its objectives through timely financial insights. We lead the planning process, shape the strategy, and provide leadership guidance on critical financial decisions.
Based in the Berlin headquarters and reporting to the Director of FP&A you will support the Executive Team in developing our strategy and offering insight to improve performance, whilst serving as a Finance Partner to the Product & Payments Teams to drive timely and effective decision making. You will be analytically minded with a focus on action and results providing leadership with clear, concise recommendations that are essential to the company and its success!
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and influence the strategic planning process, collaborating with Initiative Leads and Analytics to define metrics and goals including understanding the financial implications
- Lead and enhance the Weekly Business Review, attended by leadership, highlighting key trends and connecting the dots between Product, Marketing and Operations
- Utilise inquisitive and analytical nature providing critical challenge on customer and financial implications of features being developed and tested by the Product & Tech teams
- Collaborate with the Payments & Fraud team, providing concrete insights to accelerate growth and optimise costs
- Evaluate investment opportunities through challenging business cases whilst identifying trade-off criteria
- Support the CFO and Corporate Development in board & investor requirements and long-term planning
- Define, report and analyse financial and operational metrics in a complex, high-growth environment.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and associated qualifications within a fast-paced and dynamic business environment
- Excellent systems, financial modelling & presentation skills, with experience with an ERP or CPM system helpful
- Analytically minded, using data coupled with sound business judgement to influence business decisions
- Database querying skills (e.g. SQL), experience using BI tools (e.g. Tableau) and a basic understanding of data warehouse architecture preferred
- Strong communication and experience distilling and presenting complex analyses into recommendations to leadership
- Intellectual curiosity and inquisitiveness with a passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity offering a strategic perspective
- High energy and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to take the initiative and drive work
- Proficiency (both oral and written) in English is a prerequisite and German language skills will be highly advantageous
- Work at a European tech unicorn with an international team from over 60 nationalities
- Virtual stock options make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing the products for yourself
- A beautiful new office centrally located near Schönhauser Allee station, available for use in a hybrid setting
- Learning is one of our key values, we live this through an annual learning allowance, structured growth plans, our GetYourGuide learning platform GrowthHub, regular feedback, and transparency
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture?
We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog to see what happens behind the scenes. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.