GetYourGuide is a Berlin-based high-growth pre-IPO company with offices in Europe, Asia, and in the US in New York, San Francisco and soon to be opened Miami. GetYourGuide unlocks unforgettable experiences for travellers around the world.
GetYourGuide’s Legal team is passionate about our business and our customers. We enable the organization as trusted and pragmatic partners in a fast paced environment. Our team finds practicable and innovative solutions for complex problems, manages legal risks and promotes integrity.
Your Role as Legal Counsel within the Team
We are getting ready for the rebound of leisure travel after the pandemic and are excited to hire our first lawyer in the US! You are a lawyer with experience in commercial contracts and licensing who enjoys handling a variety of different topics. As our first lawyer in our fast growing and energetic US team, you will integrate both with the US business, especially sales team and the European Legal team located in Berlin and Zurich. This is an office-based position in our New York City office.
In this role, you will gain a deep understanding of our business and exposure to negotiations with key international stakeholders.
The Legal team is multidisciplinary and comprises specialists with great experience in different fields of law and from different backgrounds. Serving our business flexibly, we often also work on topics outside of our core specialties. You will be able to count on amazing, highly motivated colleagues who truly enjoy working together and are eager to learn from each other. The position offers variety and opens up attractive opportunities for personal development and growth within a fast moving environment. We enable you to work independently while giving you support and every opportunity to learn and grow on the job.
Your Future Responsibilities
- Focus on US commercial and licensing contracts, including key attractions, suppliers, and distribution partners
- Review and negotiate a range of other contracts, including sales and distribution agreements, services and partnerships, and real estate leases
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of the business, and excellent relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Contribute to the improvement of processes and training programs.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school
- Membership in good standing in the state bar of California or New York
- 2+ years of post-graduate work experience in a law firm with substantial work drafting and negotiating general commercial and license agreements
- Foundational knowledge of and affinity to new technology and platform businesses
- Excellent communication and relationship building
- Business mindedness and pragmatism
- Experience working with sales and operations functions
- Passion for personal growth, teamwork, travel, and delivering for customers
- Work with a European tech unicorn and an international team where you are constantly learning and growing
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- Own your development: Personal Growth Budget, regular learning opportunities via training sessions, conferences, and our network of industry experts in our GetYourGuide GrowthHub
- Paid time off (PTO): 20 days of paid vacation plus Federal Holidays
- Benefits: 401 (k) Plan (after 6 months employment), medical, dental, and vision benefits, employee add-on packages e.g FSA, HSA, and Employee Assistance Program
- GetYourGuide Vouchers to experience our products for yourself
- GetYourGuide events such as Winter Summit, regular team events, etc.
Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English through the form below.
We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion.
We'd love to hear from you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.