GetYourGuide is on a mission to give the world access to incredible experiences. Paid Search is one of our largest acquisition channels that helps us reach customers all over the world. The strategic importance of this channel to GetYourGuide requires an equally capable leader who can leverage their deep knowledge of Search Marketing, their stellar analytical and customer-oriented decision-making, and their leadership to reach even more travellers and significantly grow the business.
The ideal candidate for this role is accustomed to the fast-paced and high pressure of a startup or growth company, has worked with engineering to build a highly scalable technical system to manage paid search, and consistently sets and meets or beats aggressive targets. The Global Paid Search Lead will be expected to work closely with Engineering, Data Science, Operations and Finance, supporting and championing business objectives across the company. The role is Berlin-based at GetYourGuide’s HQ, managing a quickly scaling team.
- Set the direction and strategy for our paid search programs - covering the global giant, Google, as well as regional market players like Bing, Yandex and others.
- Be accountable for a eight-figure budget and deploying it successfully across multiple geographies, customer segments and initiatives to achieve growth and efficiency targets
- Prioritize opportunities to improve the performance of Paid Search, scaling the program aggressively, keeping the executive team and key stakeholders up-to-date and bought into targets, results and changes.
- Collaborate with dedicated resources from engineering and data science to build a top tier ad-tech platform that enables the success of Paid Search at massive scale
- Work closely with business and operational stakeholders outside of marketing, developing strategies for how Paid Search helps achieve broader company goals and strategic bets.
- Lead and manage a team (currently 4 and scaling fast) of marketers and PMs, empowering them with clear goals and tools to grow Paid Search and enabling them to fulfill business objectives with stakeholders. Given the expected growth of the team, making strong hires with the analytical, technical and creative skills necessary to succeed in a cutting-edge marketing setup will be critical.
- Set the tone on the team with stellar analytical skills, deep technical knowledge, attuned customer- and business-sense, attribution and measurement expertise and the ability to design and set up good experiments in the ad funnel.
- 10+ years of experience in Paid Search, 3+ years managing a team of at least 5 people and experience developing automated ad tech infrastructure to scale a channel
- Strong leadership skills, building trust in your team, stakeholders and executives.
- Strong management skills, with demonstrated ability to hire and develop talent while delivering business results.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that looks at ambiguity as an opportunity rather than an issue and can build something from nothing through well-reasoned and analytical decision-making, strong prioritization and grit.
- Experience managing teams in a startup or growth environment
- Experience working at a globally distributed and culturally diverse company; online travel is a plus
- Passion for our product and our mission
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.