Are you passionate about building a positive and productive work environment that causes people to love their jobs?
Our Employee Experience department is growing, and we are looking for an experienced and energetic Director of People Operations! You will report to the VP People and will manage the operational functions of our People Team (People Services and Workplace Management and IT), to ensure an exceptional employee experience. You will act as a culture champion and lead senior leaders to promote and maintain a company culture that allows employees to thrive and do their best work.
With 550+ employees from 60 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace. With our Headquarter in Berlin, GYG grew internationally by opening 11+ offices all around the world
- Manage all aspects of People Operations (People Services and Workplace Management, IT), by making sure that services run smoothly, both locally and internationally
- Define, implement, and optimize processes and policies that are in-line with our culture and guarantee excellent customer service
- Partner with the Finance Team to plan and track resources on a yearly and monthly basis
- Partner with our Legal Team to define and monitor compliance
- Provide regular reports to the leadership team
- Manage company-wide projects to introduce new tools, software systems, processes, and policies
- Negotiate with external providers to secure good prices while maintaining the quality of goods and services
- Hire, coach, and develop team members to reach their maximum potential
- Be a role model for your team by demonstrating a strong service mentality
- Establish an internal communication strategy to ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- 5+ years leadership experience in HR/Office Operations in an international environment
- Strong leadership skills, proven by experience with leading senior team members
- Proven track record of managing complex projects and change
- Good understanding of German and International labor law
- Good understanding of office management, facilities and IT services
- Excellent organisational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Customer obsessed, analytical, self-driven, entrepreneurial, innovative.
- Exceptional people and communication skills. You can partner with people at all levels of the organization.
- Fluency in German is a plus
- Exceptional English writing skills
Why work with us?
- With our 400+ employees, we are on an outstanding journey to change a huge market
- An excellent company culture
- International customers and co-workers from over 65 nationalities (we speak English)
- Virtual stock options making you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing the products for yourself
- Private Pension Scheme
- Several fitness perks including yoga and Urban Sports Club
- GetYourGuide events, such as Summer Summits, regular Team events, Christmas & Summer Parties
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com. Also, check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog inside.getyourguide.com to see what happens behind the scenes.