At GetYourGuide, we are on a mission to change the way people travel by giving them access to incredible experiences wherever they are. Visiting the Colosseum underground, seeing the Vatican Museums, or taking a delicious street food tour of Rome - people value experiences that connect them with their destination’s history and culture, creating memories that last a lifetime. We come to work everyday because we are passionate about our mission and design is a critical part of it.
We’re looking for an experienced Content Designer to delight our customers with exceptional communication and content strategy to help them discover the breadth of our inventory as well as decide on the best activities to fit their interests and trip details across our web and native app experiences.
This person is a creative problem solver who’s passionate about digital products and making the technical feel human and authentic.
What you’ll do:
- You will develop a strategic user-centered point of view on our products, advocate for user needs, and evangelize your vision in a collaborative way.
- You will write and iterate on UX copy, information hierarchy, and interaction flows for web and mobile, including apps, emails, and others.
- You will mentor and lead other content designers through complex challenges, involving multiple teams and functional roles.
- You will contribute with UX researchers and designers to testing your UX copy and work with engineers to ensure the highest quality bar in the final deliverables.
- You will contribute to actionable user insights from data and qualitative research and apply them to inform your writing and UX decisions.
- You will contribute to, apply, and maintain tone-of-voice and writing guidelines to drive consistency in our products and user experience.
- You will be active in product reviews and provide constructive feedback to strengthen your peers’ decision making skills and quality of work.
- You will be a primary contributor with designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers in solving customer problems and improving our user experience.
- You will autonomously manage communication with stakeholders to facilitate alignment, create shared understanding, and explain your UX writing rationale.
- You’ll be a primary thought partner to your Product Manager, building the product strategy and roadmap together.
What you should bring:
- Minimum 5+ years experience with end-to-end UX writing in a start-up, SMB, large company with a digital offering, or design consulting agency;
- A demonstrable problem-solving mindset, focusing on outcomes and not output, and applying user feedback or multivariate testing to validate UX copy;
- Proven track-record in leading medium to large UX writing projects that demonstrate a user-centered approach and world-class deliverables;
- Complete familiarity with UX writing for multiple platforms, including mobile and desktop;
- Demonstrable ability to present UX writing solutions, articulate the decision rationale behind them, and develop a content strategy for a product;
- Demonstrable ability to be proactive and comfortable with working autonomously;
- Experience working closely within cross-disciplinary product teams, including product managers and engineers.
- A history of strong communication and collaboration with other functional roles is essential;
- A demonstrable understanding of how UX writing impacts business objectives and KPIs;
- A portfolio of case studies showcasing relevant work that illustrates your process and approach to UX writing
What we offer:
- Relocation assistance with a great team to support your move to Berlin
- GetYourGuide Stock options;
- Private pension scheme;
- Annual external training budget ;
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation;
- Discounted UrbanSports membership;
- Discounted GetYourGuide activities;
- Discounted German classes.
About the GYG UX team
We are a multi-disciplinary team of Product Designers, Content Designers, and UX Researchers that are passionate about solving customer problems in an effective and delightful way. We combine empathy, our craft, and creativity to create valuable, usable, and delightful product experiences. Our work is guided by strong principles that make our experience focus on value and feel simple, trustworthy, human, and unique. We collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Data to ensure those principles are front and center in the features we develop.
Are you interested in sharing our values and adding to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide.