At GetYourGuide, we are on a mission to change the way people travel by giving them access to incredible experiences wherever they are. Visiting the Colosseum Underground, seeing the Vatican Museums, or taking a delicious street food tour of Rome - people value experiences that connect them with their destination’s history and culture, creating memories that last a lifetime. We come to work everyday because we are passionate about our mission and design is a critical part of it.
What you’ll do:
- You will organize and manage Design Operations for the UX team, ensuring design processes are human-centered and lead to high-quality deliverables.
- You will improve and strengthen the integration of the UX team with Product and Engineering by ensuring that design work is visible, tracked, and delivered according to deadlines.
- You will support communication and collaboration across UX teams and between UX, other functional roles, and the executive team.
- You will support the coordination of design and engineering efforts related to the development of Compass, the GYG design system.
- You will support the UX research team with operational tasks related to the planning and execution of qualitative and quantitative research.
- You will support UX Managers, Product Designers, Content Designers and UX Researchers in product planning and roadmap development.
- You will own and manage the calendar of UX team rituals for single product development teams as well as for the UX team as a whole.
- You will support the UX team with the appropriate tools, managing vendor relationships and licenses.
- You will work in close collaboration with UX Managers in the definition of the yearly financial budget and in the tracking of operational expenses.
- You will facilitate the building and socialization of a design culture at GYG.
- You will evangelize the value of Design Operations at GYG with other functional roles and executives.
What you should bring:
- Minimum 5+ years experience as Design Program Manager in a start-up, SMB, large company with a digital offering, or design consulting agency;
- A demonstrable problem-solving mindset, focusing on outcomes and not output;
- Proven track-record in supporting medium to large UX teams across all phases of design projects based on a user-centered approach and with high-quality deliverables;
- Examples that demonstrate an understanding of and ability to improve operations for a UX team;
- Complete familiarity with human centered design processes and approaches including research, ideation, detailed design execution, prototyping and testing;
- Complete familiarity with the development and function of a design system for designers and engineers;
- Demonstrable ability to be proactive and completely comfortable with working autonomously;
- Experience working closely within cross-disciplinary product teams, including Product Managers and Engineers;
- A history of strong communication and collaboration with designers, researchers, and other functional roles is essential;
- A demonstrable understanding of how Design Operations impact business objectives and KPIs.
As the first Senior Design Program Manager at GetYourGuide, you will have the unique opportunity of shaping design operations for the UX team. Your initial responsibilities will be broadly divided between 3 essential areas:
- improving the integration of design and engineering by ensuring that design work is tightly synced with engineering and yet executed with enough time to deliver high quality experiences;
- defining design processes appropriate to different types and scopes of projects;
- facilitating the coordination of design and product teams on Compass, the GYG design system.
These tasks will require a high degree of collaboration and communication with UX Managers, UX Team’s individual contributors, Product Managers, and Engineers. In the future, your responsibilities will expand to more strategic areas including facilitating roadmapping for UX and evangelizing the value of design operations at GYG.
Reasons to join us:
- Relocation assistance with a great team to support your move to Berlin
- GetYourGuide Stock options;
- Private pension scheme;
- Annual external training budget ;
- Discounted UrbanSports membership;
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation;
- Discounted GetYourGuide activities;
- Discounted German classes.
About the GYG UX team:
We are a multi-disciplinary team of Product Designers, Content Designers, and UX Researchers that are passionate about solving customer problems in an effective and delightful way. We combine empathy, our craft, and creativity to create valuable, usable, and delightful product experiences.
Our work is guided by strong principles that make our experience focus on value and feel simple, trustworthy, human, and unique. We collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Data to ensure those principles are front and center in the features we develop.
Are you interested in sharing our values and adding to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Techradar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ travel dreams into reality.