At GetYourGuide, we are on a mission to change the way people travel by giving them access to incredible experiences wherever they are. Visiting the Colosseum Underground, seeing the Vatican Museums, or taking a delicious street food tour of Rome - people value experiences that connect them with their destination’s history and culture, creating memories that last a lifetime. We come to work everyday because we are passionate about our mission and design is a critical part of it.
What you’ll do:
- You will design and iterate on high-quality deliverables across all of our Supplier products.
- You will explore ambiguous design challenges with a variety of approaches and methodologies in order to help your team orient in the problem spaces.
- You will be able to leverage both qualitative and quantitative insights in making day-to-day design and product decisions.
- You will work with UX researchers to plan strategic research initiatives and test your own designs.
- You will work closely with Content Design to structure and iterate upon your designs.
- You will develop a strong, user-centered point of view on your product area, advocate for user needs and your vision in a collaborative way.
- You will mentor other designers; give constructive feedback to strengthen your peers’ decision making skills and quality of work.
- You will collaborate with your stakeholders to facilitate alignment, create shared understanding, and communicate your design rationale.
- You’ll be a thought partner to your Product Manager, building the product strategy and roadmap together.
What you should bring:
- Minimum 5+ years experience with end-to-end product design in a startup, SMB, large company with a digital offering, or design consulting agency;
- Experience with B2B platforms, Suppliers, and business products a huge advantage here;
- A demonstrable problem-solving mindset, focusing on outcomes and not output, and applying user feedback or a/b testing tools to validate hypothesis;
- Proven track-record in leading medium design projects that demonstrate a user-centered approach and high-quality deliverables;
- Examples that demonstrate an understanding of and ability to contribute to visual design, including branding, composition, and UI components;
- Demonstrable ability to bring ideas to life through prototyping through simple click-thru mock-ups;
- Demonstrable ability to present design concepts and final designs, articulate the decision rationale behind them, and build a product vision;
- Demonstrable ability to be proactive and comfortable with working autonomously;
- Experience working closely within cross-disciplinary product teams, including Product Managers and Engineers. A history of strong communication and collaboration with other functional roles is essential;
- A demonstrable understanding of how UX impacts business objectives and KPIs.
As the Senior Product Designer in the Supply Tools team, you will become the domain expert in all things Supplier experience, and own significant, high-impact areas of the Supplier journey like onboarding, supplier insights, analytics, and the supplier portal overall. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, ambitious and pro-active designer, who is willing to work on foundational projects with a broad opportunity for impact, can confidently advocate for user centricity within this domain and follow a thorough design process, all whilst shaking up the status quo and improving the overall user experience of our Suppliers.
What we offer:
- GetYourGuide Stock options;
- Relocation assistance with a great team to support your move to Berlin;
- Private pension scheme;
- Annual external training budget;
- Discounted UrbanSports membership;
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation;
- Discounted GetYourGuide activities;
- Discounted German classes.
About the GYG UX team
We are a multi-disciplinary team of Product Designers, Content Designers, and UX Researchers that are passionate about solving customer problems in an effective and delightful way. We combine empathy, our craft, and creativity to create valuable, usable, and delightful product experiences. Our work is guided by strong principles that make our experience focus on value and feel simple, trustworthy, human, and unique. We collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Data to ensure those principles are front and center in the features we develop.
Are you interested in sharing our values and adding to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Techradar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ travel dreams into reality.