We are looking for a talented UX Research Manager to drive our mission forward, shaping our user experience and product strategy to best serve our customers.
We’re on a mission to give the whole world access to incredible experiences. What do people value the most from their trip to a new destination? It’s probably not the flight they took, nor the hotel they stayed in. People value experiences––visiting the Colosseum Underground, seeing the Vatican Museums, or taking a delicious street food tour of Rome. These experiences help people connect with their destination’s history and culture, creating memories that last a lifetime.
You will have a significant impact on our business as you lead the UX Research discipline at GetYourGuide, managing and growing your own team.
- Work closely with product, design, and business partners to identify and prioritize research opportunities, on a company level, based on need and impact.
- Until you hire another researcher, you will lead the research strategy for a particular Product group. After that, you will perform research as needed, applying a creative mix of qualitative and quantitative methodologies to facilitate a deep understanding for our customers.
- Manage a team of UX Researchers, each leading research efforts for different product areas.
- Mentor and coach your team in their expertise and professional development.
- Own the growth of your team, currently one researcher, through headcount planning and recruitment.
- Develop and maintain guidelines, best practices, standards, and systems for driving user-centered decisions, getting things done, and improving research quality.
- Foster strong relationships with PM, Data Analytics, Market Research, Product Design, Content Design, and other partners to advocate for users and deliver exceptional products.
- Together with UX leaders, set the vision and strategy for the UX group that aligns UX Design, Research, and Writing.
- Plan the budget as well as coordinate tools and operations for the team.
- 5+ years of user research experience on digital products
- 1+ years experience managing, hiring, and developing a team of researchers
- B.A/B.S or M.A./M.S. in HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, Anthropology or similar.
- Experience working with product teams and/or designers to drive insights into product solutions.
- Experience with all aspects of research, including study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, and reporting.
- Knowledge of mixed methods with an emphasis on qualitative (lab-based and remote usability testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, interviews, and field research) and quantitative research (surveys, analytics, event tracking).
- Able to work independently and adapt research practices to meet the needs of a start-up environment (lean & results-driven). Experience partnering with data analysts/data scientists on research projects is a plus.
- You communicate fluently in English and one other European language is a plus. International research experience is a also a plus.
- You have examples demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g. study plans, metrics, reports).
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 70 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards
- Relocation Assistance and Visa sponsorship
Please send in your CV and cover letter in English via the form below.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
For more insight into the team, check out our blog. Feel free to reach out with questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.