GetYourGuide is the place to book the best experiences in destinations across the globe.
Our international Sales team has offices in all corners of the globe, and we are still growing fast. We are now searching for a Destination Manager to help grow Australia. Based out of our Sydney office, your mission is to drive the performance of major destinations throughout the region.
You will act as an entrepreneur and be responsible for the acquisition of key attractions, tour and experience partners, as an evangelist for the GetYourGuide brand, be responsible for building strong business relationships and creating strategic supply advantages for GetYourGuide. This is not a job for the faint-hearted, but it is a job with a lot of diversity, relationship building, travel and growth potential.
Sales Team Mission
Our Sales Team are customer advocates, always scouting and onboarding the best activities to turn our customers' travel dreams into reality. The team shapes the in-destination experience by negotiating for the best possible conditions for our customers.
- You will be responsible for your destinations' growth in revenue and product inventory
- You will be responsible for the entire sales funnel: market research, partner acquisition, and onboarding, negotiations with key attractions and tours, closing agreements to reach ambitious sales goals
- You will act as an account manager and develop our existing partnerships
- You will be the contact person for your destinations' market landscape - including tourism market trends and competition
- You will have a constant presence in the market; experiencing our products to discover customer pain points, implementing solutions, and working closely with our suppliers to test new ideas that will wow our customers
- You have 2+ years of experience in B2B sales, with a background in the tourism/e-commerce environment, with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- You are a clear communicator with persuasive negotiation skills
- You have a flair with rapport, relationships and acting as a brand ambassador
- English is your native language
- You are skilled in common software - G-Suite, MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- You are strong in data analysis and reporting
- You are proactive, driven by results, and solution-oriented
- You are passionate about traveling and you are willing to travel (minimum 40 % of the year)/to meet the local partners
- You will grow with a large degree of freedom, you will be able to set your own goals and how to achieve them by having full ownership and responsibility from day one
- You will live the life of our customers by experiencing and improving our products
- You will be able to directly impact the company’s growth
- You will work in an international team (50+ nationalities) with varied experience levels where you are constantly learning and growing
- You will enter a fun, exciting industry and work with one of its technology leaders
- You will be an integral part of the company’s growth and success through our Virtual Share Program
- You will learn and have fun with our GYG Events such as our Winter Summit & Christmas Party, and regular team events.
- You will enjoy local benefits such as an abundance of healthy snacks, Friday wine and cheese, transport and phone cover and many industry parties.
What You Should Know
- This is a full-time position based in Sydney, and you will be reporting to the Regional Manager of Australia and New Zealand.
- Please note that GetYourGuide is not able to provide work permit sponsorship for this position. You need to be eligible to work in Australia before we are able to consider your application.
- Send us your CV and Cover Letter in English. CVs in a language other than English will not be considered.
Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English through the form below.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.We’d love to hear from you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.