GetYourGuide is the booking platform for incredible travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to connect with the best things to do wherever they’re headed — including skip-the-line tickets to the world’s most iconic attractions, walking tours by top local experts, immersive food and beverage tours, cooking and craft classes, bucket-list experiences, and niche offerings you won’t find anywhere else.
Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 30 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 600 travel experts and technologists, the company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has offices in 14 countries around the world.
About the role
This role is a short term, maternity cover contract expected through March 2023. Contract extension may be possible.
This role can be based in either Rome or Milan.
Are you an enthusiastic salesperson with a thirst for taking full ownership of your markets, relationships and success? Are you ready for a diverse and challenging role where you can get hands-on? Are you interested in being at the forefront of the recovery of the tourism industry and supporting our continued growth in the Italian market?
You will be inspired by all the initiatives we are working on in order to get our partners ready for the industry reopening. Our leading team of GetYourGuide Destination Managers are at the forefront of not only discovering the best and most popular things to do in their destinations, but also negotiating the best conditions possible with our existing partner network.
Your tasks include but are not limited to:
- Owning your destination(s) and its key performance metrics including;
- Revenue Growth and recovery of your markets
- Product Inventory growth
- Product optimisation and quality
- Customer Satisfaction
- Responsible for the entire sales funnel from start to end: from product research to acquisition and onboarding, negotiating with key attractions and tours, getting the best conditions, closing the deal and post deal communication
- Keeping up with, and being the contact person for your destination’s market landscape - including tourism trends and competition
- Being an ambassador for the brand through involvement in webinars, workshops, trade shows, supplier meetings.
- Leading strategic deals with top partners from idea generation to implementation and project management to success tracking and reporting.
- Constant presence in the field (when regulations allow); experiencing our products in order to discover where customers’ pain points are, implementing solutions and working closely with our suppliers to test new ideas that will wow our customers.
- 4+ years of B2B sales experience, Tourism/E-Commerce industry experience is a PLUS
- Fluent English and Native level or fluent in Italian is a must.
- You are based in Rome or Milan and are willing to commute to our office in Rome.
- Enjoys working independently, creative, strategic, loves thinking outside the box
- Enjoys overcoming objections and closing deals with challenging key accounts
- Passionate about travelling and visiting top destinations on a monthly basis
- Likes data - a working proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent and natural ability to establish and build great business relationships with clients
- Confident, approachable and solution-oriented with good organizational skills
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- Result-focused, self-driven, team player
- A positive “can-do” attitude and a strong moral compass
What we offer:
- Working at a European tech unicorn that is constantly innovating and evolving
- A diverse team of over 70 nationalities
- Hybrid work model consisting of in office and work from home days on a weekly basis
- GetYourGuide gift cards to experience our products for yourself
- An open, friendly, energetic work environment where every voice is heard
- Weekly all-hands meetings and monthly updates
- Team events budget
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture?
We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog to see what happens behind the scenes. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.