Sales - Destination Manager UK & Ireland
We’re on a mission to give the whole world access to unforgettable experiences.
What do people value the most from their trip to a new destination? It’s likely not the flight they took, nor the hotel in which they stayed, it’s the unforgettable experiences that help people connect with their destination’s history and culture and create memories that last a lifetime. Our ambition, and our opportunity, is to become the global leader for travel experiences.
About the role: Destination Manager UK
Are you an enthusiastic salesperson with a thirst for taking full ownership of your markets, relationships, and success? Are you ready for a diverse and challenging role where you can get hands-on? Are you interested in being at the forefront of the recovery of the tourism industry and supporting our continued growth in the UK market?
As part of our leading team of GetYourGuide Destination Managers, you will:
- Own your destination(s) and its key performance metrics including;
- Revenue Growth and recovery of your markets
- Product Inventory growth
- Product optimisation and quality
- Customer Satisfaction
- Be responsible for the entire sales funnel from start to end: from product research to acquisition and onboarding, negotiating with key attractions and tours, getting the best conditions, closing the deal and post-deal communication
- Keep up with, and being the contact person for your destination’s market landscape - including tourism trends and competition
- Be an ambassador for the brand through involvement in webinars, workshops, trade shows, supplier meetings.
- Lead strategic deals with top partners from idea generation to implementation and project management to success tracking and reporting.
- Be a constant presence in the field (when regulations allow); experiencing our products in order to discover where customers’ pain points are, implementing solutions, and working closely with our suppliers to test new ideas that will create unforgettable experiences for our customers.
- Ideally a minimum of 4+ years of B2B sales experience, with tourism/e-commerce industry experience a plus
- A strong communicator, with key sales, negotiation, and influencing skills; a great relationship builder
- Self-motivated, a creative thinker, and enjoy the challenge of making something out of nothing
- Welcomes a challenge, and relentless in finding mutually beneficial solutions, closing deals with challenging key accounts
- Results-focused with key prioritisation skills and a strategic mindset
- Strong in data analysis and reporting
- Passionate about traveling and visiting your designated markets and partners (once travel resumes)
- Skilled in common software (G-Suite, MS office: excel)
- Fluent in English
Reasons to join us:
- Join the global leader for travel experiences. We have an outstanding culture, talent density, growth model, and cash balance ($788 million in funding). No other player will grow as fast as us in 2021 and beyond.
- Boost your learning curve and network. GetYourGuide’s size (~600 employees from over 75 nationalities) is the ideal size to learn from the best and to build up a strong international network. Additionally, you’ll receive a personal annual training budget.
- Make the most of networking and social events such as summits, employee training events and workshops, and other regular team events (remote or in-person when safe to travel), as well as partner events and conferences.
- Experience our tours yourself as part of product testing and improvement plans, and you can use your own GetYourGuide travel vouchers for your personal travel!
- Be an integral part of the company’s growth and success through our Virtual Share Program
- Benefit from several perks: 1-2 zone monthly travel card, Company Pension, GYG family & friends discount, personal annual training budget.
Are you interested in sharing our values and adding to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide.