GetYourGuide is Europe's leading travel marketplace for tours and activities, and is looking to majorly expand its business in the United States. We are looking for a General Manager to own the success of NYC, the flagship market of our rapidly growing US business.
As General Manager of New York City, you will be responsible for the overall health of the NYC market. You will own both the demand and supply sides of the New York marketplace and drive aggressive growth in this marquee city. Reporting to the Managing Director of the Americas, you will own the end-to-end strategy for New York City, working closely with major suppliers and tour operators, as well as forging deals with travel partners to drive travelers to our marketplace and experiences.
This is a three-sided role, managing supply-side sales and account management, demand-side business development and local marketing, and local tour operations at our most operationally complex attractions. The NYC General Manager will play a key role in building out their team and creating the playbook for city General Management across the entire company.
- Define and implement operational strategy in your city
- Drive the commercial growth of your destination by building new relationships and improving existing connections with key attractions and distribution partners in a highly competitive market
- Build, scale and lead a team of Sales, Business Development and operations experts
- Build, design, optimize and maintain systems and processes that provide genuine visibility, accurately forecast revenue results, opportunities/pipelines and provide quantitative and qualitative input for strategic decisions
- Build and nurture a positive team culture, focusing on GetYourGuide’s core values and acting as a role model for the company culture
- You have at least 7 years experience in a Senior management role in analytical and data driven environment
- You have operational leadership experience, with demonstrated success in driving growth, leading a team, and delivering tangible results.You have experience with the dynamics of online marketplaces
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty. You are action-oriented, you don’t take no for an answer, and thrives in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- You have a proven track record of recruiting and developing A-players
- You are a clear communicator with persuasive negotiation skills
- Autonomy to drive the success of one of our most important growth markets with huge untapped potential
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- International team with people from over 60 nationalities
Please send in your CV in English through the form below.
We’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion.
We’d love to hear from you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.