GetYourGuide is the place to book the best experiences in destinations across the globe. Since 2009, we’ve made it easy for millions of travelers to find unique and unmissable things to do wherever their travels take them. By connecting people to activities and attractions they love, we create trips full of meaningful memories. All of this is brought together in one easy-to-use website and app that makes planning and booking simple so travelers can focus on what counts: having an incredible time.
We are searching for an experienced leader to manage our business in Rome and drive the commercial performance of your territory, managing both the supply and demand sides of the marketplace. As General Manager for Rome, you will act as the business owner of the Rome market, be responsible for creating strategic supply advantages with key attractions and activity partners in the city while you act as trusted and reliable business advisor to internal and external stakeholders. You drive the business performance of the Commercial Partnerships Team through discovering new ways to make your city relevant for our customers once they are in-destination. This position reports to the VP Global Sales & Supply.
- Define and implement operational strategy in your city
- Execution is key. Drive the commercial growth of the destination by building new relationships and improving existing connections with key attractions, activity and distribution partners in a highly competitive space.
- Recruit, build, and lead a team of Sales, Business Development and in-destination Marketing experts.
- Lead by example; set clear expectations and provide role clarity to develop your team by holding people accountable, reviewing progress, and providing constant feedback and guidance
- Build and nurture a positive team culture, focusing on GetYourGuide’s core values and acting as a role model for the company culture
- Build & maintain systems and processes that provide genuine visibility, accurately forecast revenue results, opportunities/pipelines and provide quantitative and qualitative input for strategic decisions
- 6+ years experience in Senior management roles in analytical and data driven environment
- Strong operational leader with demonstrated success in driving growth, tangible results, and KPI improvements within the region
- Deep understanding of online marketplace dynamics
- Strong willingness to win despite all challenges, thrives in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proven track record of recruiting and developing A-players
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, persuasion, and interpersonal skills with a strong win-win mentality and natural ability to build relationships and embrace change
- Data-driven, results-oriented, and accurate
- Autonomy to drive the success of one of our most important growth markets with huge untapped potential
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- International team with people from over 60 nationalities
Please send in your CV in English through the form below.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Meet our team and get to know more about their daily work on our blog.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.