GetYourGuide is the place to book the best experiences in destinations across the globe.
We are searching for a Senior Destination Manager to do to help grow Spain. Based out of our Barcelona office, your mission is to drive the performance of certain major categories on our platform throughout the city.
As a Senior Destination Manager, you will be reporting to the Regional Manager of Spain and Portugal act as an entrepreneur, and be responsible for the acquisition, negotiation and revenue growth of key attractions, tours, and new partners and suppliers.
As an evangelist of the GetYourGuide brand, you’re responsible for building strong business relationships and creating strategic supply advantages for us.
Sales team mission
Our Sales Team are customer advocates, always scouting and on-boarding the best activities to turn our customers' travel dreams into reality. The team shapes the in-destination experience by negotiating for the best possible conditions for our customers.
- You will be responsible for your destinations' growth in revenue and product inventory across certain product categories
- You will be responsible for the entire sales funnel: market research, partner acquisition, and onboarding, negotiations with key attractions and tours, closing agreements to reach ambitious sales goals
- You will deep dive into the data to find optimisation opportunities to drive change in conversion rate, bookings and customer satisfaction.
- You will use data to create strategies to win your categories and find new opportunities for growth.
- You will liaise internally with departments such as PR, Social, Brand and BD to drive initiatives to increase your destinations and suppliers success at a rapid rate.
- You will be the contact person for your destinations' market landscape - including tourism market trends and competition
- You will have a constant presence in the market; experiencing our products to discover customer pain points, implementing solutions, and working closely with our suppliers to test new ideas that will wow our customers
- You will develop and build long term relationships with industry actors for example institutions, committees and tourism boards
- You have 4+ years of experience in B2B sales in a tourism/e-commerce environment, with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets.
- You have some level of experience with Key Account management and long sales cycles and/or negotiations.
- You are a clear communicator with persuasive negotiation skills
- You are a Spanish speaker on a native level and have a good command of the English language
- You are skilled in common software - G-Suite, MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- You have an understanding of tools such as Jira, Slack, CRM
- You are strong in data analysis and reporting
- You are proactive, driven by results, and solution-oriented
- You have a good understanding of Spanish tourism & culture ecosystems
- The chance to work at a newly coined tech unicorn, recently receiving an investment of $484 million, from investors Softbank Vision Fund.
- You will work in an international team of 600+ people from 60+ nationalities, with varying experience levels to learn and grow from.
- You will receive a range of benefits. E.g breakfast every morning, endless supply of fruit, club mate and Fritz cola, beer and pizza every Friday, German lessons, GetYourGuide discounts for your friends and family.
- You will grow with a large degree of freedom, you will be able to set your own goals, and how to achieve them by having full ownership and responsibility from day one.
- You will live the life of our customers by experiencing and improving our products
- You will be an integral part of the company’s growth and success through our Virtual Share Program
- You will learn and have fun with our social events such as summits, employees training days, and team events
What you should know:
- This is a regular full-time position based in Barcelona, reporting directly to the Regional Manager of Spain and Portugal.
Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English through the form below.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
You can get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org, and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.