We are on a mission to give the whole world access to unforgettable experiences. Why is our mission important? For two reasons: we help people to learn and grow, and we help people create lifelong memories during their travels. What do people value the most from their trip to a new destination? It’s likely not the flight they took, nor the hotel in which they stayed. People value these experiences, and they are what help people connect with their destination’s history and culture. They also help people create cherished memories that last a lifetime. Our ambition, and our opportunity, is to become the global leader for travel experiences.
About the role: Tours & Operations Manager
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to drive revenue and profitability of our GetYourGuide Originals tours in Italy. Your responsibilities include:
- Prepare and launch new Originals tours
- Increase the on-trip customer satisfaction, e.g. by improving the meeting point and pick-up experience
- Ensure our key touchpoints are branded, e.g. meeting points, vehicles, and guides
- Provide competitive pricing, availability, and content, e.g. by analyzing which slots are most popular
- Manage cross-functional projects, e.g. how to attract and engage the best guides
You will work alongside our local Destination Managers, and Tours & Operations Managers in other offices, as well as a cross functional headquarters team. This is a full-time role, based in our Rome office, reporting to the Regional Manager for Italy.
- You have five to ten years of experience in i) Tour Operations (e.g. tour manager, or guide), and/or ii) Project Management. Experience in Sales is a plus
- You are proficient in Excel and able to make data-informed decisions
- You are passionate about traveling and willing to spend 30-50% of your time in the field
- You are customer-obsessed. You seek unforgettable experiences for our customers. You take full responsibility for their experience and always strive to make our customers love where they are going
- You are relentless about progress. You are never satisfied with the status quo and constantly challenge yourself and others to push the boundaries of what is believed to be possible
- You speak fluent English and Italian.
You thrive in uncertainty. You try new things and test hypotheses that you believe will make things better for our customers — even if the odds are stacked against us
What we offer:
- Working at a European tech unicorn that is constantly innovating and evolving
- A diverse team of over 70 nationalities
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- Annual training budget and GrowthHub - be constantly learning
- Private health insurance
- Flexible working with a hybrid model of in office and work from home from 2022
- GetYourGuide gift cards to experience our products for yourself
- An open, friendly, energetic work environment where every voice is heard
- Weekly all-hands meetings and monthly updates
- Team events budget (when regulations allow)
Ready to help us chart some new territory? Please send us your application (Resume & Cover Letter) in English via our career page. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Curious about our team? Check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog inside.getyourguide.com to see what happens behind the scenes! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com!