GetYourGuide is looking for a City Manager to lead the local business development strategy and growth in Berlin. You will be responsible for defining, rolling-out and driving our local business.
Up for the challenge? Read on.
GetYourGuide is busy revolutionizing the tours and activities space, fundamentally changing how travelers discover and book things to do in their destination. We’re on a journey to ensure travelers to love where they're going; The Commercial Partnerships & Business Development is a critical part of this mission.
Our Partnerships team works with a large portfolio of travel companies including content publishers, bloggers, airlines, travel agencies and more, working with the likes of EasyJet, Accor Hotels and TimeOut, to name just a few. Our mission is to help our partners excel in their business by understanding and addressing their current needs and future opportunities. In doing so, we help our partners drive new revenue by promoting GetYourGuide and distributing our inventory of tours and activities.
As a city Manager, you will be a core member of the Global “Local” Partnerships and business development team, in charge of discovering new ways to make your city relevant for our customers once they are in destination. You will play a pivotal role setting, shaping and leading the strategy of the team in Berlin. Interested? Join this unique opportunity and build up GetYourGuide in your city!
- Live and deliver on our mission
- Take ownership and define a winning local strategy for Berlin
- Collaborate closely with our local marketing team and Commercial Partnership teams
- Set the start, solve problems and facilitate a rapidly growing business across your city
- Sign, foster & scale local partnerships
- Monitor, track and grow local MVPs & projects in cooperation HQ
- Drive revenues & brand visibility of GetYourGuide in Berlin
- Business bachelor's degree - top-tier university preferred.
- 5+ years experience in sales, consulting, or high growth startup
- 2+ years experience in the travel & tourism sector of Berlin preferred
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, insights-driven, results-oriented
- Radically customer centric, persistent and reliable in execution
- Strong desire to win despite all challenges and always committed and determined to deliver on our mission
- A giver, you put overall team and company success first
- Entrepreneurial spirit with hands on mentality having the ability to build something from scratch
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with a strong win-win mentality and natural ability to build relationships
- Fluent in German and fluent in English
- Join a fantastic team!
- Autonomy to drive the success of one of our most important growth drivers with huge untapped potential
- Lots of fun events and team outings, with regular learning and development opportunities.
- GetYourGuide Vouchers to experience our products for yourself.
- Be part of an international team from over 50 nationalities.
- An open, friendly, energetic work environment where every voice is heard.
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- Work with an international team where you are constantly learning and growing.
- Regular learning opportunities via trainings, our network of industry experts and conferences.
- Weekly all-hands meetings and monthly updates.
- GetYourGuide social events as Summits, Employees Training days, and Team Events
Think you can make your mark? Come join our journey (it’s going to be the trip of a lifetime).
Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English via the form below. We encourage every qualified person to apply regardless of your age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.
For more insight into the team, check out our blog. Feel free to reach out with questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.