GetYourGuide is the place to book the best experiences in destinations across the globe.
We are searching for a Senior Barcelona City Manager to drive the growth of business development in Barcelona, partnering with leading local leading companies. This is a key position to deliver 10x growth over the next 2-3 years.
Our mission is to help travellers better plan, buy, and enjoy travel activities at their convenience by integrating us in all relevant touch-points of all relevant partners along their journey. The Business Development team works with online publishers, transport companies, communities and platforms, travel agents, and in-destination partners with the likes of TimeOut, EasyJet, Google, and Accor to name a few.Our mission is to help our partners excel in their business by understanding and addressing their current needs and future opportunities. In doing so, we help our partners drive new revenue by promoting GetYourGuide and distributing our inventory of tours and activities among their audience.
As a Barcelona Senior City Manager, you will be a core member of the Global “Local” Partnerships in the Business Development team, in charge of discovering new ways to make your city relevant for our customers once they are in the destination, by setting partnerships with local players. You will play a pivotal role setting, shaping and leading the strategy of the team in Barcelona. Interested? Join this unique opportunity and build up GetYourGuide in your city.
- Live and deliver on our mission
- Take ownership and define a winning local strategy for Barcelona partnerships
- Define and execute the entire local partnerships strategy in Barcelona, from market research, partner acquisition to account management of large local companies.
- Monitor, track, iterate and grow local MVPs & projects in cooperation HQ to maximize customer impact.
- Develop and build long term relationships with key travel actors, for example, tourism boards, accommodation or mobility companies
- Translate opportunities and learnings from other cities into your own portfolio of existing and potential partnerships.
- Collaborate closely with our local supply team and business development, marketing and central teams
- Drive revenues & brand visibility of GetYourGuide in Barcelona
- You have a bachelor's degree in a Business related field
- 5+ years experience in sales, business development, consulting or high growth startup
- You have large experience in digital environments and companies.
- 2+ years experience in the travel & tourism sector of Barcelona preferred
- You have strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, you are data-driven, result-oriented, radically customer-centric, and persistent and reliable in execution
- You have outstanding communication, negotiation, presentation, and interpersonal skills with both internal & external stakeholders
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on, agile and learn from feedback mentality.
- You get excited and motivated by starting from scratch opportunities and delivering impact, growth and learnings to the company.
- You are a giver, who puts the overall team and company success first
- You have excellent Spanish and English skills, Catalan would be a plus.
- To work at a newly-coined European tech unicorn and autonomously drive marketing success within a fast-growth environment
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- An international team with 600+ people from 60+ nationalities
- Regular learning opportunities via conferences, our leadership program, and training from our network of industry experts
- Weekly all-hands meetings and monthly updates
- Pension Scheme
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to experience our products for yourself
- GetYourGuide social events as Summits, Employees Training days, and Team Events
Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English via the form below.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
For more insight into the team, check out our blog. Feel free to reach out with questions to email@example.com.