As an Associate Backend Engineer in Zurich’s FinTech team, you will be working with other engineers and our product manager on the backend that powers some of the most critical functionalities of our marketplace, such as checkout, inbound and outbound payments, e-mail processing, currency conversion, fraud detection and more.
The FinTech team's mission is to provide a seamless checkout experience to our customers. As an associate backend engineer in the team, you will be working on the backend services and APIs that power the checkout experience - from the point where a product is added to a shopping cart to the confirmation of the booking and beyond. You will join a team of seven experienced engineers that will help you grow into your new role in no time. Your tasks will range from adding new features over defining and making architectural evolution happen to monitoring and stability improvements.
- Work in a cross-functional mission team with engineers, designers and analysts
- Help to enable your mission team to iterate fast and learn about our customers by designing, launching and iterating on A/B experiments
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes
- Design and develop efficient solutions that can continue to scale
- Product and data-centric prioritization and decision making
- Curious, with a growth mindset and able to learn quickly with the support from senior engineers in the team
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver
- Coding skills. The language you have used in the past is secondary. You will be working mainly with Java and PHP, with occasional trips to Node.js - so being familiar with one or more of these helps
- Know database concepts, different database types and also have used some of them in the past
- Know about software testing concepts and have a mindset of delivering robust solutions
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English
- Smart, engaged co-workers with an influential engineering culture
- Speak English in the office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be always learning
- Well stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation assistance
We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background are vital to creating a great product and a great workplace.
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision, and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.