As an Associate Backend Engineer you will join the Marketing Technology team and help develop the next generation of our in-house systems in the realm of Performance Marketing. You will work as part of a cross-functional mission team with top-notch developers, analysts, data scientists and product managers as co-workers. Dive deep into data, develop innovative solutions, discuss architecture decisions and take our marketing systems to new heights!
Marketing Technology Team Mission:
We are part of the Performance Marketing department and responsible for the development, maintenance, and technical vision of the core technical systems behind our Marketing initiatives. We work at the cutting edge of advertising technologies and partner with business stakeholders to develop impactful features to connect customers with the most relevant tours and activities in our inventory. We have touch points across the business and aim to solve problems at scale with big data systems that manage millions of data points.
- Immerse yourself in the problem space and our Technology stack
- Discuss architecture choices and develop next generation systems
- Partner with our business and technical teams to deliver innovative solutions
- Review ongoing Performance Marketing efforts, identify opportunities and explore new areas
- Design and develop efficient solutions that can continue to scale
- Champion our operations culture and help the engineering organisation deliver high availability services for our customers
- Coding skills: The language you have used in the past is secondary, however having heard of Scala, Java or Python helps
- Interest in large scale data processing using Apache Spark & Airflow
- Know database concepts, different database types and also have used some of them in the past
- Know about software testing concepts and have a mindset of delivering robust solutions
- Understanding of distributed systems, container technology and some familiarity with public cloud environments like AWS is nice to have.
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English
- Curious, with a growth mindset able to learn quickly, supported by the senior engineers on the team
- An interest in online advertising using APIs (Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook); Experience with such platforms is a nice plus
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via email@example.com.