Hi there! We are the GetYourGuide's Partner Tech team, and we're excited that our job post grabbed your interest, it's a real pleasure to meet you!
Zurich is our home, and we're all about helping GetYourGuide's partners grow their businesses by enabling them to provide incredible experiences to their audiences. Who are our partners, you might ask? They range from leading airlines to travel bloggers, making every day challenging and diverse!
To support our continuous growth, we are looking for a Graduate Backend Engineer who cares and thinks as much about enabling a great end-to-end customer experience as they do about the underlying technology. In this role, you will work on the backend of our partner portal and help us create innovative solutions that will help our partners to succeed.
If you are excited about the idea of contributing to the success of a platform that is used by more than 15 million travelers around the world, then keep on reading!
- You will be part of a mission team with top-notch developers and product management
- You will enable your mission team to iterate fast and learn about our partners by designing, launching and iterating on our hypotheses
- You will challenge the status quo and help us improve our codebase, systems, and processes
- You will create and develop efficient solutions that will allow us to grow sustainably
- Product and data-centric prioritization and decision making
- Curious, with a growth mindset able to quickly learn supported by the senior engineers on the team
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver
- Coding skills. The language you have used in the past is secondary, however having heard of Java, PHP, Go or Node.js helps
- Know database concepts, different database types and also have used some of them in the past
- Know about software testing concepts and have a mindset of delivering robust solutions
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English
- Smart, engaged co-workers with an influential engineering culture
- Speak English in the office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be always learning
- Well stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation assistance
We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background are vital to creating a great product and a great workplace.
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision, and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position, contact us via email@example.com.