As an Associate Data Scientist, you'll join our growing Data Products group and have a chance to make an enormous impact. The vast and diverse set of structured and unstructured data GetYourGuide has collected empowers data products such as search, recommendations, SEM, or incentives. We have touch points across the business and aim to develop end-to-end solutions.
With 600+ employees from 72 nationalities, GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. We connect these travelers to our vast catalog of amazing experiences through our online marketplace.
The Data Products teams are composed of Data Scientists and Engineers and are responsible for the development and operations of all the Machine Learning algorithms powering our marketplace.
- Help us to build data products that delight our customers and boost our business
- Develop ideas; we support you in transforming them from a hypothesis to code in production
- Improve our data pipelines that feed our algorithms
- Analyze vast amounts of data to identify new opportunities
- Make your team greater by showing them what is the next big thing in data science
Education: You’ve got a MSc or PhD degree in a quantitative subject from a top-notch university. You’ve ideally studied computer science; it’s equally fine if you can convince us that you’re well educated in statistics, machine learning, and software development (either as part of your studies or via MOOCs, for example)
Tech Stack: You are fluent in a modern programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Scala). Have you worked with any kind of new technology? Tell us or, even better, show us your Github repo! We also want to feel your excitement.
Working Experience: You’ve done internships in the tech teams (product, engineering, design) of product-driven companies. You’ve done other internships? Tell us why they are relevant for this job! Your overall working experience since graduation is less than a year.
Your Personal Touch: Do you contribute to an open source project? Do you participate in Kaggle competitions? Have you built your own project based on open data and just for fun? Have you stayed a little longer in academia and made a DS bootcamp afterwards? These are all things we would love to know about you. Explain to us why you are the next outstanding Data Scientist at GetYourGuide!
Check out our blogs!
- Position Spotlight Data Scientist
- Prepping for a Data Science Interview - Ask yourself these questions to stand out
- GetYourGuide Core Values
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 70 nationalities
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. The recruiter for this role is Stephen Rose.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we’re using to change the way the world travels.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.