As an Associate Full-Stack Engineer in Zurich’s FinTech team, you will be working with other engineers and our product manager on the checkout and post-purchase experience of our marketplace.
The FinTech team's mission is to provide a seamless checkout experience to our customers. As an associate backend engineer in the team, you will be working on the user flow from the point where a product is added to a shopping cart to the confirmation of the booking and beyond. Your focus will be on the frontend of our marketplace and the APIs that power it. You will join a team of seven experienced engineers that will help you grow into your new role in no time. Your tasks will range from adding new features and improving the user experience, over defining and making architectural evolution happen, to monitoring, performance and stability improvements.
- Work in a cross-functional mission team with engineers, designers and analysts
- Help to enable your mission team to iterate fast and learn about our customers by designing, launching and iterating on A/B experiments
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes
- Design and develop efficient solutions that can continue to scale
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making
- Curious, with a growth mindset able to learn quickly with the support from senior engineers in the team
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft and cares about helping the team deliver
- Ability to work with Java and PHP backend code
- Familiar with databases and SQL
- Know about software testing concepts and have a mindset of delivering robust solutions
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others in English
- Smart, engaged co-workers with an influential engineering culture
- Speak English in the office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be always learning
- Well stocked kitchens
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation assistance
We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background are vital to creating a great product and a great workplace.
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision, and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position, contact us via email@example.com.