We are looking for a hands-on Data Science Manager to lead people, guide technical decisions, and help develop our marketing channels.
You will assume line management of existing data scientists, have the budget and opportunity to expand the team while working with cross-functional mission teams composed of top-notch software engineers, marketing specialists, and product managers. This is your chance to have a direct impact on the business and our customers around the globe.
Data Science and Engineering Managers have many responsibilities and are primarily measured according to the performance of their teams. We divide their responsibility into the following areas:
- Business Impact - Clear business metrics and working towards ambitious goals
- Productivity - MVP mindset, continuous improvements of team ways of working
- Systems Health - Defining and delivering towards clear metrics and SLAs
- Team Health - Team members are engaged and complement each other in achieving common goals autonomously
- Stakeholder Happiness - Managing dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders and delivering on commitments
- 2+ years of direct people management in data science teams
- 5+ years of data science and software development experience
- Passionate about business results and people, not just technical excellence
- Strong background in machine learning and/or data science
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Experience working on performance marketing challenges
- Hands-on experience with Scala and Spark (MLlib and Airflow is a plus)
- Work on a product that helps craft memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged, and open-minded co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Relocation assistance
- Virtual share options - be part of our success story
- Annual external training budget - always be learning
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Well-stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Fridays
- Sports benefits such as urban sports club and weekly yoga classes
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision, and fit our culture? We're looking forward to hearing from you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into our stack.