We are looking for a hands-on Data Science Manager to lead people, guide technical decisions and help develop our marketing and engagement channels. You will assume line management of data scientists and software engineers, have the budget and opportunity to hire more while working with cross-functional mission teams. This is your chance to have a direct impact on the business and our customers around the globe.
Data Science and Engineering Managers have many responsibilities and are primarily measured according to the performance of their teams. We divide their responsibility into the following areas:
- Business Impact - Clear business metrics and working towards ambitious goals
- Productivity - MVP mindset, continuous improvements of team ways of working
- Systems Health - Defining and delivering towards clear metrics and SLAs
- Team Health - Team members are engaged and complement each other in achieving common goals autonomously
- Stakeholder Happiness - Managing dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders and delivering on commitments
- 2+ years of direct people management in data science teams
- 5+ years of data science and software development experience
- Passionate about business results and people not just technical excellence
- Strong background in machine learning and/or data science
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Experience working on performance marketing and/or pricing challenges
- Hands-on experience with Python and Spark (MLflow and Airflow is a plus
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 70 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- GetYourGuide gift cards
- Relocation Assistance (varies by role/level)
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers' dreams into reality!