We are looking for an Engineering Manager to guide people, drive technical decisions and help develop our Paid Search growth area and related customer channels.
You will assume line management of engineers owning among others:
- Account structure generation to manage an account with 100M+ keywords and ads (Scala/Spark/Airflow)
- Ad optimization data pipelines that leverage 500TB+ of performance data + ML models to create the most relevant ad content to engage users with our inventory (Scala/Spark/Airflow)
- Marketing tools for bid & performance management of our Paid Search campaigns (Java/Spring/Vue.js)
- Marketing A/B testing self-service tool using causal impact analysis for marketing channel based experiments (Scala/Spark/Databricks)
The purpose of the team is to launch products to help travelers find activities they love through paid search with data-driven solutions and marketing automation.
This role reports to the Director of Engineering for Growth and is primarily measured according to the performance of their team. We divide their responsibility into the following areas:
- Business Impact - Clear business metrics and working towards ambitious goals
- Team Health - Team members are engaged and complement each other in achieving common goals autonomously
- Productivity - MVP mindset, continuous improvements of team ways of working
- Systems Health - Defining and delivering towards clear metrics and SLOs
- Stakeholder Happiness - Managing dependencies and expectations, building trust with all stakeholders and delivering on commitments
- Direct people management in technical teams
- Experience with technical excellence (operations, on-call, quality)
- Passionate about business results and people not just technical excellence
- Software development experience comparable to Senior Engineer with Scala / Java stack
- Customer-centric prioritization and data-driven decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have
- Experience with large scale data processing using Apache Spark & Airflow
- Prior experience working on marketing technology
- Prior experience working in a consumer growth team
What we offer
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Relocation assistance with a great team to help you with your move to Berlin
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Discounted monthly passes for public transportation
- Private Pension Scheme
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards and extra discount
Are you interested to share our values and add to our culture? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide and check out our Tech Radar for an insight into the stack we use to turn our customers’ travel dreams into reality.