GetYourGuide is the place to book the best experiences in destinations across the globe.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be working on developing best in class software products for our travel marketplace. Currently, we are working on building world-class travel e-commerce products to help us scale and serve millions of customers. If you are interested in contributing to the success of a web platform that is used by millions of travelers around the world then keep on reading!
Marketplace owns the mobile and web platforms of GetYourGuide. We aim to deliver an amazing customer journey through great user interfaces and rigorous A/B testing. Our goal is to build an unbeatable e-commerce site and seamless booking experience for our users.
The Supplier Platform team enables customers to book incredible experiences error-free and teams to build incredible cross-platform customer experiences through a stable and scalable platform.
- Design and develop scalable travel e-commerce systems that are used by millions of customers
- Together with team work on extending GYG growing inventory, providing real time availability and pricing data coming from thousands of suppliers
- Collaborate with engineering teams across company to support travellers and suppliers
- Continuously improve our codebase, systems, and processes
- Mentor other team members and be involved in hiring software engineers
Ideally, you have...
- 5+ years of experience and a strong background in the design and implementation of scalable service-oriented architectures and a good understanding of design patterns (experience in migrating a monolithic application to a services-oriented architecture is a plus)
- Proficiency in Java, Kafka and the ability to build features from scratch (PHP knowledge a plus)
- Experience in defining and tracking data to facilitate customer-centric decision makings, such as through A/B testing and hypothesis building
- A positive, pro-active team-oriented mindset, and a passion for mentoring and sharing knowledge
- A passion for delivering clean code and continuously learning about new tools, languages, and practices
- Experience on how to operate at scale and have a cloud DevOps / infrastructure mindset (Kubernetes)
- A modern infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes, Istio, Kafka) and a good DevOps mentality (you build it you own it)
- Solid Engineering and Data Science principles
- Smart and engaged co-workers - Take a look at our team video
- An English-speaking office with people from 60+ nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Relocation Assistance
- Bi-monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- You can also take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into our stack.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
You can get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org, and make sure you check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog.