Our Engineering department is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who cares to deliver best in-class experiences for online partners and customer audiences. You will work as part of a cross-functional mission team with top-notch developers, designers, analysts and product managers. If you are interested in contributing to the success of a web platform that is used by millions of travellers around the world then keep on reading!
Catalog team has a mission to create a scalable, accurate, and inspirational catalog for our products so that we can provide a better informational content for our customers, enhanced recommendations.
Partnerships engineering team supports the Business Development Team and maximizes revenue for GYG and our Partners.
- Work in a cross-functional mission team with engineers, designers and analysts
- Help to enable your mission team to iterate fast and learn about our customers by designing, launching and iterating on A/B experiments
- Continuously improve our code base, systems and processes
- Design and develop efficient solutions that can continue to scale
- Mentor other team members and be involved with hiring
- Minimum of 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in backend PHP coding + other backend language
- Experience with A/B testing, hypothesis building and best practices
- Experience with the architecture and deployment of complex systems
- Ability to turn ideas into fast, reliable and maintainable code
- Solid understanding of SQL including complex queries and optimization
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft
- Customer-centric prioritization and data drive decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with service-oriented architecture
- Prior experience working in the e-commerce space
- Prior experience in start-up environments
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- An English-speaking office with an international team
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Monthly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget for continued learning
- Well stocked kitchen
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation assistance
You can also take a look at our Tech Radar for an insight into our stack.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.