GetYourGuide’s communications team is seeking an experienced Corporate & Industry Communications Manager. You’ll join our journey to build a world-class travel brand among corporate and tourism industry audiences.
You’ll dive into GetYourGuide’s corporate vision and industry ecosystem in order to take the reins on this important aspect of our narrative. You’ll craft innovative campaigns and work closely with our leadership to refine and promote that narrative. You’ll play an influential role in elevating the authority and credibility of our global brand.
As Corporate & Industry Communications Manager, you will have the chance to own and shape our communications strategy for corporate and industry audiences. You’ll work closely with senior leadership to represent GetYourGuide in person at influential conferences and events; you’ll devise, launch and manage campaigns that raise our credibility and influence opinion among industry and policy decision-makers, and you’ll serve as a strategic counsel to the broader business in communicating our vision.
You will be entrusted with the responsibility of setting ambitious performance goals for your campaigns and finding creative ways to meet them while remaining on budget. You will collaborate with a range of senior internal and external stakeholders, so your ability to set and manage expectations both within and outside the organization will be essential.
You’ll be comfortable meeting, pitching and briefing the media as a public representative of the company, and will also have decision power over our executives’ attendance and speaking slots at top-tier corporate and travel industry conferences, where you’ll maximize the PR impact of keynotes. You will also own the corporate news pipeline, and ensure announcements are crafted and distributed in an effective and professional manner.
Qualities we look for:
- Ownership: You are able to set your goals, and then follow through, owning the outcomes of your work. You are organized and able to set priorities for yourself and others.
- Judgment: You know how to evaluate and prioritize PR opportunities, and you’re not shy about negotiating or declining on behalf of our executives when an opportunity doesn’t carry maximum impact for our corporate goals / brand. Executives trust you to use their time well.
- Counsel & Coaching: You ensure our executive spokespeople are well-prepared for every opportunity we accept, and your advice helps them maximize PR success. You give them coaching and feedback when needed in order to help them elevate their game.
- Cross-Functional Thinking: You know how to work on a diverse and multifunctional team, communicating your goals and motivations, understanding those of others and finding alignments that benefit everyone.
- 3-5 years experience in PR, communications or a related field. Corporate / executive PR experience is preferred; agency and in-house backgrounds are equally welcomed!
- Authoritative storyteller that can catch and hold the attention of journalists on the phone, in writing and in person. You know what makes the media tick.
- You’re able to set and own a corporate PR strategy, incorporating feedback from management while remaining firm and focused on the goals you set for yourself.
- You’re a team player motivated to join the GetYourGuide journey
- You’re a proficient English speaker. German
- We offer a comfortable and friendly work environment where every voice is heard
- You will be a part of one of the fastest-growing teams in a diverse international workforce from over 56 nations
- You will be an integral part of the company’s growth, and through virtual stock options, you will share in its success.
- We provide GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers so you can live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- Start your day with free breakfast, and end your day with yoga, soccer or many other activities
- And don’t forget pizza and beer every Friday!
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! A great application includes both your experience as well as a strong personal motivation on why this specific opportunity is the ideal next step in your career.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Be sure to get recruitment tips and check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.