We're looking for an experienced Payroll Team Lead to join our Berlin based HR team.
Our People team is growing, and we are currently building out specialty functions for increased focus and expertise. Payroll is currently one of several responsibilities in the HR Services team, and with the growth ahead of us, we are looking for an expert and leader to set up an autonomous payroll function and team. This is a great opportunity to shape our future people operations and systems set-up, as well as to be part of the HR leadership team dedicated to building strong culture and having a meaningful business impact.
GetYourGuide is the booking platform for incredible travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to connect with the best things to do wherever they’re headed — including skip-the-line tickets to the world’s most iconic attractions, walking tours by top local experts, immersive food and beverage tours, cooking and craft classes, bucket-list experiences, and niche offerings you won’t find anywhere else.
Since its founding in 2009, travelers from over 170 countries have booked more than 30 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 600 travel experts and technologists, the company is headquartered in Berlin, Germany and has offices in 15 countries around the world.
- Pioneer in building out and shaping a stand-alone payroll function at GetYourGuide
- Build, grow and lead a payroll team
- Ensure and contribute hands-on to frictionless payroll operations for 15 countries, with a growing number of employees of currently 600, in collaboration with local payroll providers and the HR Team
- Collaborate with HR Technology specialists to integrate payroll into a new HRIS (to be selected and implemented in the next 6-12 months) and ensure ongoing efficiency and process improvements
- Provide a support infrastructure for employees on their payroll, tax and social security questions
- Be the point of contact for payroll related compliance topics and liaise closely with stakeholders from Finance and Accounting for preparing annual accounts and audits
- You’re an experienced leader in the payroll field, ideally having seen multiple different set-ups and technologies
- Managing people is your passion and strong suit
- You enjoy building and setting up structures, with a high sense of quality and determination
- You thrive in an environment that is highly ambitious and driven, and at the same time focused on creating a supportive and inclusive culture
- You work very hands-on and are happy to switch between operational and strategic work depending on business needs
- German language skills and experience with German payroll is a plus
- Shape the payroll function as part of an impactful People Team in a fast-growing company at pre-IPO stage
- Working at a European tech unicorn with an international team from over 60 nationalities
- Virtual stock options making you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing the products for yourself
- A beautiful new office centrally located near Schönhauser Allee station (operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19)
- Learning is one of our key values, we live this through an annual learning allowance, structured growth plans, our GetYourGuide learning platform GrowthHub, regular feedback and transparency
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture?
We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Check out life at GetYourGuide on our blog to see what happens behind the scenes. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
We’re committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, disability status, parental or marital status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.