We are looking for a stellar Head of Product Design who can help drive our mission forward, shaping the user experience and influencing the product strategy to help serve our customers.
GetYourGuide’s mission is to give the whole world access to incredible experiences. We serve millions of consumers and have sold over 25 million tours, tickets and activities on our platform. GetYourGuide is transforming the way that customers discover, book, and enjoy amazing experiences. We are just at the beginning of the technology revolution in the tours and activities industry - there is no blueprint to follow - so we need someone who thrives on pursuing bold, innovative ideas and drives relentlessly to prove new concepts.
The Head of Design will be responsible for leading a talented team of designers across all aspects of our product for both travellers and suppliers (tour and activity operators).
- Solving customer problems
- Advocate for important customer problems to solve, and influence overall product strategy
- Apply user-centered design processes to create products that deliver exceptional customer impact
- Together with product and engineering leaders, help develop a strong, cohesive vision for Travelers, Suppliers, and Marketing products
- Build and grow a world-class design organization, focused on serving the needs of our customer
- Foster strong relationships with PM, Engineering, Marketing, Research, UX Writing, and other partners to advocate for the user and to deliver exceptional products
- Create team-wide processes for driving user-centered decisions, getting things done, and improving work quality
- Design and craft
- Provide excellent design feedback to improve all of our products and user experiences; passionately cares about the details of the user experience
- Develop and communicate design principles, including our design voice
- 10+ years of design experience, ideally 5+ years of consumer product design experience
- Demonstrated passion for solving customer problems
- Creative thinker and problem solver, energized by developing innovative solutions
- Has designed multiple products that have delivered exceptional customer impact and value
- Experience with hiring, recruiting, coaching, and developing a team of designers and design managers
- Demonstrated leadership presence and excellent communication
- Consumer engagement, search, e-commerce experience a plus
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 60 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- Weekly social events to bring the company together (pizza & beer Fridays)
- GetYourGuide vouchers
- Relocation Assistance
We’re looking forward to hearing from you. Please send in your CV in English.
For any further questions regarding this position contact us via email@example.com.
In the meantime, you can check our blog to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.