Destination Manager New England/Upstate New York - based in NYC
Our Sales team is growing internationally. Following our great success in Europe, we are expanding our Sales organisation in North America. We are looking for talent to develop existing and new markets for GetYourGuide throughout New England and Upstate New York. We’re on a mission to build the world’s best marketplace for tours and activities. That mission starts with suppliers - creating deep and lasting partnerships with the top tour operators, attractions and activity providers in the United States.
Are you an enthusiastic person with a great passion for our product who is ready for a new challenge? Are you interested in supporting our continued growth in North America? Do you want to become an expert in your region while developing incredible experiences for our customers? Then join us.
The successful candidate in this role will be responsible for building out Boston and New England, a key part of GetYourGuide’s US market.
Your tasks include but are not limited to:
- Owning your destination and its key performance metrics
- Responsible for the entire sales funnel from end to end: from acquisition and on-boarding, through negotiation of conditions, closing and post close account management
- Being the point person for your destination’s market landscape - including tourism trends and competition
- Constant presence in the field; experiencing our products in order to discover customer pain points and implement solutions to improve customer experience in your destination
- 2+ years in tours & activities required
- Experience in the region you’re applying for is required (does not need to be tour & activity experience in your region)
- 2+ years of B2B sales or e-commerce experience a plus
- Travel expectation - approximately 1 week per month including an annual training trip to Berlin of 1 week duration
- Not intimidated by data - a working proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Sales funnel management - a working proficiency in CRM
- You enjoy overcoming obstacles, identifying creative solutions, a natural problem-solver
- Business acumen and the experience to make data-driven decisions for your destination
- Networking and building rapport with suppliers in your region is something you enjoy
- Confident, approachable, an independent self-starter, good organisational skills
Why work with us?
- Full ownership and responsibility from day one
- Be an integral part of the company’s scaling and growth
- Work with a team from different cultures in an environment where learning and personal growth are core values
- Enter a fun, exciting industry and work with one of its technology leaders
Some of the benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 20 days of paid vacation + Federal Holidays
- 401 (k) Plan (after 6 months employment)
- Virtual Share program
We are located in the Downtown Financial District of New York City, near the Charging Bull.
Please note that GetYourGuide is not able to provide work permit sponsorship for this position. You need to be eligible to work in the US before we are able to consider your application.
Please send in your CV and Cover Letter in English via the form below.
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
For more insight into the team, check out our blog. Feel free to reach out with questions to email@example.com.